21.4.07

Screenprints

fred_shoreham2
fred_shoreham2
Originally uploaded by fred pipes.

May is getting nearer and everyone is preparing for the Brighton Festival, particularly the Festival of Artists' Open Houses (AOH). As usual, Marc and Angie of The Dragonfly House, at the end of my street and part of the Beyond the Level trail, have offered me a corner of their house to display my artwork, which this year will include a couple of screenprints I produced at BIP. BIP is a great place stuffed with antique pressses and equipment - some artists almost live there! The prints are a result of a course I did with Jane Sampson, one of BIP's co-founders, finished off last week with a couple of afterthoughts in green! They were both done by cutting out red film with a scalpel and the screens exposed under ultra-violet light, with hardly any computer involvement! I love the way they are all hand-made and slightly different.

libellule

No comments: