7.5.06

Arthur Brown


Arthur Brown, originally uploaded by fred pipes.

Last night I went to Telscombe Village Hall to a party organised by Alan Baker and Jo Moore to raise funds for Charlotte's good works in Africa. There was a splendid covers band called Tongue and Groove playing everything from Bowie to the Kinks, even making a spirited attempt at 'I am the Walrus' - they certainly knew how to keep the oldies on the dancefloor. There was a guest spot from none other than 'The God of Hellfire' himself Arthur Brown in fine voice, who gave us 'Please don't let me be misunderstood', 'Hoochie Coochie Man' and 'I got my mojo working'. More photos on Flickr. I had to leave before the end to get a lift back to Brighton, but I've since heard he didn't come back to do 'Fire' - the art auction, raffle and donations raised £1903 for SOS and Save the Children in Zambia and Uganda. Telscombe must be the most isolated village in Sussex, being at the end of a very long cul-de-sac lane with magnificent views of the Downs.

It was a busy day yesterday, with the PV of The Dragonfly House in the morning, invigilation from 12 until 3, then a trip to Patcham. Sold a print, but bought a gorgeous Brian Grimwood ink drawing of a frog! Clarion ride today from Hassocks to Fulking and back. More PVs tonight...

No comments: