14.5.06

French fireworks


French fireworks, originally uploaded by fred pipes.

Joined what felt like the whole of Brighton in Preston Park at 10pm last night for a free performance by pyrotechnic performers Groupe F and The World Famous. Seemed to be something about the destruction of earth by petrol, but involved lit-up people with catherine wheels on their heads flying round an inflatable globe to the weird sounds of Mad Max-type instruments and lots of fireballs. Should have taken my camcorder, cos I haven't yet got the hang of snapping fireworks with my digital! 'Experience the unimaginable' said the Festival brochure, hmmm it wasn't that different to the last one they did, in 2002, except I was a bit closer this time. Try to imagine the smell of all that burning fuel? Took ages to get out of the park!

2 comments:

Dan Thompson said...

I thought Brighton was an environmentally-friendly city? Doesn't sound like a very green event to me ...

fredblog said...

Yes! wonder how much fossil fuel CO2 was released, never mind all the litter left behind! and the trampled grass...

fred