19.3.20

Pipesy on the wireless

About a month ago I was invited by Susi Oddball of Brighton & Hove Community Radio to take part in Your Voice Matters, a sort of Desert Island Discs. So armed with six of my favourite CDs I arrived at their tiny studio in the Brighthelm Centre - a bit late cos my bike had a puncture - to record what turned out to be an hour and a half's natter about my life. It's finally been uploaded to Mixcloud and can be found here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/susioddball/your-voice-matters-31-jan-2020-with-susi-oddball-and-alan-fred-pipes/

Playlist

1. Del Shannon 'Runaway' 1961
2. The Graham Bond ORGANisation 'Wade in the water' (from The Sound of 65) 1965

3. The Michael Nyman Band 'Chasing sheep is best left to shepherds (from The Draughtsman's contract) 1982
4. David Devant and his Spirit Wife 'Miscellaneous' (from Work, Lovelife, Miscellaneous) 1997

5. John Shuttleworth 'Y Reg' ( from The Yamaha Years) 1997

6. The Rutles 'Shangri-La' (from Archaeology) 1996

Meanwhile, my solitary life has become even more solitary thanks to coronavirus COVID-19. Civilisation is in 'Lockdown' for now  - add for me a touch of the vertigo - making life very boring indeed. Events have been cancelled, the shelves of supermarkets are empty. Happy 73rd birthday to me!

No comments: